Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Splog Attack

Well, it appears that the spam comments are affecting lots of blogs. I'm not alone as a target of adult content spam. Here's an article from CNET on the explosion of "splog" that spewed junk posts all over blogspot sites last weekend. I turned on the setting to force my loyal readers to log in to post a comment, and that didn't even prevent the splog. The bot is sophisticated enough to log in to post it's splog comments.
Hopefully, Google will begin fighting the splog. Until then, please excuse any inappropriate links in the comments. I'm trying to delete them as they appear, but I don't spend 24 hours a day at the computer, and during the time I'm walking Perro or watching my new console TV the devious bot is splogging my comments.

2 comments:

  1. There's a setting to require a bit of simple un-bot-able text. It will stop the spam. Turn it on.

    ReplyDelete