Monday, October 16, 2006

A Headbanger's Journey to Guns'N'Roses

I scored 6th row tickets to the Guns’n’Roses concert. I didn’t sleep outside the Ticketmaster booth. I’m a member of the G’N’R fan club, so I got the chance to buy tickets early – and directly from the fan club. What a great experience! I hate the Ticketmaster monopoly. Ticketmaster has been one of my favorite rants for the past ten years, so I’ll spare you the line about their “inconvenience fee”.
Right now I’m watching “A Headbanger’s Journey” on VH1 Classic. For this documentary an anthropologist, who also happens to be a metal fan, traveled the Europe and the U.S., examining metal subculture in Sweden, the UK, Norway, Germany and at Ronnie James Dio’s house. Dio showed the anthropologist his sword collection and introduced the guy to Dio’s big Himalayan cat.
I love the footage of Tipper Gore saying, “We’re going to focus on the excesses in the music industry.” She thought Twisted Sister was an excessive band. Now they’re on VH1 Classic! Hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment