Sunday, December 10, 2006

At Cruising Altitude

6:09 AM Vegas Time
Right now I’m blogging live from a Boeing 757. This is incredible. We’re climbing through the cloud ceiling and experiencing mild turbulence. Despite the thin haze of cirrus clouds beneath us, I can make out the checkerboard pattern of Minnesota farm fields on the ground.
Today I used the automatic e-ticket machine for the first time. This is the coolest machine ever. I swiped the credit card that I used to pay for the flight, and bam, all of my flight info pops up on the screen and my pass is printing. Then I was off to race down the people mover with my wheelie bag in tow. I love wheelie bags. They’re fun to pull along through the concourse.
When I arrived at the gate, the friendly agent bumped me to first class. Imagine! This morning I came all the way from Farmington to First Class. This is truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience. I was looking forward all week to purchasing my snack box for $5 aboard the flight. Instead, I’m waiting for my scrambled eggs right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment