Saturday, June 16, 2007

At the Ball


So once again I'm blogging live from the family room while watching the Headbanger's Ball. There are two videos, then at least a half-dozen ads, then two more videos. This format gives me plenty of time to write. What would I do without commercials? I love being able to wander around for a few minutes during a TV show without missing anything. During most shows, I need the stretch break. During The Ball I need the breather. I jump around and pretend I'm in a mosh pit during all of the videos. Don't worry - there is nothing breakable in the family room and I move the $15.99 IKEA coffee table out of the way so I don't stub my toe. This is a great exercise routine.
I'm considering releasing my own series of videos, much like Richard Simmon's "Sweating' to the Oldies", only I'll call them "Moshin' to the Metal". I don't think I'll wear those tiny shiny shorts like Richard. Instead I'll wear my new pair of black Levi's (they have some stretch for optimum flexibility in the mosh pit) and my Metallica "Ride the Lighting" t-shirt. That's the one with the glow in the dark skeleton on the back. I'll get some special black lights for the exercise/moshing stage so the skeleton will glow super bright. I'll need some back-up moshers. If you're interested, and you think you can wail in the pit with the best of them, email me at mlebens@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment