Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Crowing for Rooster Sauce


Today on the Kevyn Burger show, Kevyn said, "I put hot sauce on ice cream." Then she mentioned that she keeps a bottle of hot sauce at her desk. A woman after my own heart. I've been teased at work for keeping a bottle of the "Rooster Sauce", a special super-hot chili garlic sauce, in the fridge. At one of my previous employer's potlucks I brought vegetable curry in my crock pot. One of my Indian co-workers sampled a spoonful and said, "This tastes just like curry, but without the hot spice." I explained that I make a special Minnesota version of the curry, and then I handed him my bottle of Rooster Sauce. After trying the dish again with a good dose of yummy spiciness, he gave me the thumbs up. That was one of my proudest culinary moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment