Friday, January 25, 2008

The Sub-Compact That Sings

Ford ran an actual ad campaign for the Festiva up in Canada. This explains why there were tons of Canadians in my Festiva club. They were a polite bunch. None of them sent me hate mail when I announced I was leaving the club because I'd purchased a Honda Civic EX.
I discovered a French-Canadian television spot for the Festiva. The engineers in the spot are judging Festivas based on their ability to sing. The sub-compact that sings? This ad campaign has something in common with Cadillac's campaign for the compact Catera, "the Caddy that zigs." I don't know if any of the ads actually showed a Cadillac zigging, but they did feature Cindy Crawford chatting with a cartoon duck.

Here's your chance to hear a Festiva sing. Is it a soprano or an alto? You be the judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment