Saturday, June 21, 2008

Kiss the Pig

I'm just back from the Kiss the Pig contest at Rambling River Days. I needed to grab a bite of vegetarian food before the big Hairball concert tonight. I need vegetable fuel before I spend two or three hours rocking out.
I won't reveal the winner of the Kiss the Pig contest. If you missed it, you'll just have to wait in suspense until you get this week's edition of the Farmington Independent. Suffice it to say, this year the pig weighed more than me, had to be wrestled to the stage by a police officer and then got kissed by three unnamed Farmington residents. Over $1200 was raised for the senior center as people voted by donations for the Kiss the Pig winner. The real winner this year is the Rambling River Center, which serves the burgeoning Farmington senior community.
Stay tuned for more updates on the Hairball show and maybe, just maybe, a couple of pics of the action.

No comments:

Post a Comment