Sunday, August 17, 2008

Mary's Vegas

This year's summer vacation ended up being a short trip to Vegas. I tried to plan a May vacation to the Florida seashore. I was compelled to nurse an an ill cat insetad. I tried to plan a July vacation to Charlottesville, Virginia. I was thwarted by a project which required overtime, specifically, an entire weekend night which spanned the period from 11:45 PM on a Saturday to around 7:20 AM on a Sunday. Delirious, the next day I booked a hotel in Vegas on Expedia.
Vegas is always a sure winner. They have cool double-decker buses and a monorail, plus all the hotels have pools. There's nothing I love more on vacation than swimming and exploring public transportation options. I don't gamble, except the penny slots and nickel poker. This year I came out exactly $2 ahead. As Kenny Rogers intones, you've got to know when to hold them. Or as my grandma says, never put it all back into the machine. Sage advice which netted me $2 - a one-way fare on the double-decker bus!
I was too busy touring the Hoover Dam, watching the baby dolphins at the Mirage and ogling millions of dollars worth of cars at the Imperial Palace to do much gambling. I loved the Dam tour. I even bought a Dam hat to prove it.
But one of my pals insists, despite all the wholesome activities enjoy in Vegas, there must be an ideal version of the Strip out there somewhere for me. Mary's Vegas strip features round-the-clock shopping at ALDI, an all-night Swedish buffet at the IKEA cafe and free withdrawals at a convenient City and County Federal Credit Union location. If you click the image to view in larger resolution, you may notice the Credit Union is offering great rates on savings and CDs. With the Credit Union, you're always a winner! Many thanks to Aaron Kaase for this incredible view of Mary's Vegas - Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment