Friday, December 26, 2008

Live from the Desert


My husband took an unexpected business trip to Phoenix this week. I lucked out when the company ordered a ticket for me too, since he had to work over the Christmas holiday. Here I am, kicking back in the sixty degree sunshine in Scottsdale. The place we're staying has no Sprint cell phone signal, which is lovely. I'm so happy to have a vacation from the mobile phone and email. I'm at a coffee shop with WiFi now, just so I can blog a bit.
On Christmas Eve I ate a juicy fish taco for breakfast at my favorite fast food restaurant, Del Taco. I slathered it with Inferno sauce and chased it with a Coke Zero from the adjacent Circle K. I love Circle K. In the movie "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure", a time machine drops from the sky into the Circle K parking lot. I keep hoping a time machine will show up at Circle K while I'm pumping gas or buying a 32 ounce drink. There was no sign of any time machine activity while I was buying my Coke Zero, but I keep hoping. You know, you should always keep hope alive and keep reaching for your dreams, particularly if they're ridiculous.
You can read more about my fish taco experience and the excitement of driving a Toyota Yaris rental car in my column in the Farmington Independent next Thursday. This has been a week filled with adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment