Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Taco to Die For

Yesterday I enjoyed a double seafood delight - a fishy taco and a shrimp-like taco from my favorite fast food restaurant, Del Taco. I say a shrimp-like taco since the advertisment in the window promised a "shrimp taco" which turned out to contain pink bits of something adhered into curved shapes using a heavy batter. I'm not sure what those battered bits were, but they were no closer to shrimp than the chicken McNugget is to a drumstick. Nonetheless, the taco was delicious and stuffed with crunchy cabbage. Del Taco never fails to delight in the fishy taco department, and although I've never tasted their juicy burgers, I have it on good authority from a friend that they are delectable as well. I stuffed the extra packets of Del Inferno sauce into my handbag so I can apply them later to a microwaved bean burrito. That'd how I get the Del Taco taste I crave when I am miles away from the closest franchise. It gives me something to look forward to during the bleak winter mornings, a little splash of spicy heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment