Sunday, June 14, 2009

On Channel 10 Tonight: Windows 2000

The news this past week was filled with stories about the switchover from analog to digital TV signal. When the switchover was first announced, I posited it was a conspiracy by flat screen manufacturers to force consumers to give up their beloved console television sets. Since then I've gotten extra basic cable (local channels, plus C-SPAN, WGN and in case you are really having trouble sleeping, C-SPAN II.) Tonight at I clapped on* the console for the first time since the switchover. I flipped through the channels looking for The Simpsons. I'm guessing the digital switchover wasn't painless for the Farmington/Rosemount area branch of the cable company. Channel 10 is currently broadcasting the Windows 2000 Professional screen saver with an audio soundtrack of contemporary Christian rock. The soundtrack seems out of place to me. After spending a few years saddled with a work laptop running Windows 2000, I'm certain quite a few people have taken Christ's name in vain while using that OS. There's nothing heavenly about Windows 2000.



* I use a Clapper to turn the TV on and off since it lacks a remote.

No comments:

Post a Comment