Sunday, September 20, 2009

A New Addition to the Family

Last weekend another car suddenly appeared in the driveway. My husband adopted an elderly BMW Z3. Despite being fifteen years old, it's a pretty snazzy looking ride. The Z3 is a little too flashy for me, but my husband's a stylish guy who can pull off driving a snazzy car and wearing a nice watch. (I usually wear a plastic imitation Casio watch with the words "Thank you for donating to the Humane Society!" inscribed on the band. I offered to give my husband the new one they me sent with this year's membership renewal, but he declined. I guess he's happy with his Movado.)You might think we're building a car farm down here in Farmington by the sheer number of vehicles at the house, but the Del Sol has already been sold to make room for the Z3. Two days after the Del Sol was listed on Craigslist a nice, responsible teen showed up with a cashier's check from the Credit Union to buy the car. I am just inferring he was responsible because he's a Credit Union member and I take great pride in my CU membership.
The Del Sol is gone, now at home with a young guy who said his dream was owning a Del Sol. Not that long ago I was a nineteen year old with a dream of someday owning a Del Sol, and I've had the luxury of owning three. To pass the car along to a new owner, someone who fantasized about it just as I did, seems to bring things full circle. I loved every minute I spent behind the wheel of the Del Sol. You only live once, and if your dreams can be fulfilled by a mid-priced Honda with a targa top, then you should reach for the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment