Sunday, March 28, 2010

Skully Smart

I am considering adding graphics to the Smart car. Not that it isn't eye-catching enough on its own, but I loved my Flaming Festiva so much that I dream of owning another flaming vehicle. While searching for Smart flame decal kits on 4smartCar.com I discovered this awesome skully Smart. 4smartCars has pics of a couple of Ed Hardy graphic Smarts like this one. I have to hand it to Ed Hardy. This guy made millions of dollars by convincing Saks to sell t-shirts with skulls and dragons on them for a hundred bucks a pop. His son Doug Hardy used to live in Minnesota and worked at the Aloha Monkey Tattoo shop in Burnsville, a few miles away from my house. Thanks to the Hardy talent, many Minnesotans are sporting artful tattoos and people around the globe are wearing cool shirts with skulls on them. I'm glad they've added a little bit of mystery to plain old t-shirts, sneakers and even Smart cars.
Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one. ~Stella Adler

An insightful article from the San Francisco Chronicle on Ed Hardy's business and art:
Don Ed Hardy's Tattoos are High Art and Big Business

No comments:

Post a Comment