Thursday, April 14, 2022

Time to Revive!

 It's been about twelve years since my last blog post, and over that time, I was too busy writing a dissertation and a bunch of boring journal articles to post at my beloved blog. But here I am, doctorate in hand and nearly tenured, so there is no time like the present to return to Programming Monkeys. The wonderful thing about the blog is there are no peer reviewers. No one reads a blog post and then tells me a one sentence paragraph is a travesty or that I need to get off the couch and go to the library to get some more reliable sources to cite. Someone did post a comment on the blog once criticizing my stories about my Ford Festiva, but hey, the Festiva is a car that irritates a lot of people.




Speaking of cars, today I sold my car for more than I paid for it two years ago. I bought it about a week before everything shut down for the pandemic, thinking that I would be driving to work at my new job regularly and need a reliable ride. COVID-19 had other plans for me and my vehicle. This gleaming red Mercedes CLA 250, with a spoiler, sweet rims, and the AMG sport package, has been idle in the garage save for a couple of hasty track days sandwiched in-between vaccination and the Delta variant. Even though I loved the light-up Mercedes star perched like a Christmas tree topper in the grill, I knew it was time for this lovely vehicle to grace someone else's driveway. Goodbye CLA, I hope you are the star in someone else's sky tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment