Friday, June 24, 2005

Farmington is a Disaster

From today's Star Tribune:
"Mayor Kevan Soderberg declared a state of disaster in the city this morning during an emergency session of the City Council."

A storm hit around 6:45 this morning, flooding the highway near my house, breaking limbs off of trees and downing power lines all around Farmington. I opened the front door to rescue my summer wreath, and hail flew into the entryway, landing on my newly laid laminate flooring. Luckily, the flooring was undamaged. My flag pole did not fair as well. While I was peering out the window, the flag pole broke, and went flying across the yard. The storm was so terrible, Farmington is now in a state of disaster. Now that the drama of the storm is over, the real question on every Farmington resident's mind is, "Will Rambling River Days go on?" Today was supposed to be the opening of the festivities. I'm hoping that someone will still get to pucker up at tomorrow night's Kiss the Pig contest, but the prospects look grim. I'll post an update soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment