Sunday, September 11, 2005

Bus Blockage

The summer has slipped away from Farmington. I felt it when I pulled up to the stop sign near the new Kwik Trip today and a parked school bus was blocking my view of the on-coming traffic. Buses are parked there nearly every day, the drivers standing outside on the boulevard in front of the liquor store, smoking and chatting. Ah, a common annoyance of fall, and winter, and spring, for that matter. I used to live in the row of houses next to that intersection. So I've been taking my life into my own hands driving through it every weekday for years, my vision of oncoming traffic blocked by a big yellow bus. I've had a few near misses involving SUVs. My only respite from barreling into traffic blindly on my way to work comes during the summer months. Now that I've moved, I won't have to deal with bus blockage any longer. One more thing to be thankful for at the new house.

No comments:

Post a Comment