Friday, September 2, 2005

Fairs, Fairs and More Fairs

Well, it's that time of the year again. Time for fairs, fairs and more fairs. Nothing could be cooler then when I caught an official 2005 demo derby shirt at the Dakota County Fair this year. The demo derby promotional staff was tossing shirts into the stands. Sure, I had a tussle with a tattooed gentleman who was missing his front teeth, but I ended up with the shirt. He was looked a little upset and then I had to sit next to him through the rest of that heat. It was awkward. Although I'm planning on attending at least a couple more fairs this year, including the State Fair and Jesse James Days in Northfield, I doubt any fair experience will surpass the demo derby.
Last weekend I passed up a chance to spend a day at the Minnesota Renaissance Festival. I wasn't feeling so hot Friday, so I decided to spend a low-key Saturday organizing the spice cabinet at my new house. This Saturday I have big plans to crash the 4H dance at the State Fair, like I did last year. I'm reinvigorated by my newly organized kitchen, and an exciting article I read in the Star Tribune. The article was entitled, "Minnesotans aren't the fattest in the land". Wow! This means we can indulge in quite a few State Fair treats. I'll bet after this revelation, Weight Watchers locations in strip malls all over the Twin Cities are shutting their doors. My cats have such self-assurance and boundless self-esteem that they would never darken Weight Watcher's doorstep. Their bellies might swing when they run, but they still clean their bowl every day and strut around the family room proudly. Beaner is hoping I'll save a few cheese curds for her from my trip to the State Fair. But, since we Minnesotans are not as fat as we thought, I just might eat them myself. See you at the Fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment