Monday, November 28, 2005

Nine Inch Nails Hammers it Home

I neglected to write about the incredible Nine Inch Nails concert last month. I had floor tickets. Come on, I bet you're jealous. Who doesn't love being in the mosh pit? My t-shirt was soaked with sweat by the end of the evening. Sadly, not all of it was my own. But the chance to be only a few feet from Trent Reznor was worth it. The last time I saw NIN, I needed binoculars. This time, I could see the sweat glistening on Trent's forearms as he clutched the microphone stand.
The stage set was simple. A sheer sheet draped from the ceiling to the stage and provided a video screen as well as a shadowy shade between the audience and the band. The most beautiful part of the show was when the images of animals hunting, feeding, flying and running were projected onto the screen. A monarch flew past, and I thought of the ending of summer, and the transition into fall. Around mid-October, the time of the concert, is when the last of the monarchs are leaving Minnesota on their journey to Mexico. What an appropriate time for this image. Only Trent Reznor can pull off the beauty of a monarch soaring up, and the brutality of a war scene in one set.
I was inspired by Noah's, (the KQRS webmaster's), blog entry on the show. Yup, somebody from the Morning Show was at the same concert as me. How cool!

Noah's post on the NIN concert

No comments:

Post a Comment