Monday, February 27, 2006

Metallica On the Hoof

A few weeks ago I got an email from the Metallica fan club list. They're in the studio working on a new album, but this summer they're taking a short break to play a few shows in Europe. Boy, I wish I was going to Sweden this summer. My work vacation time was reduced last year, meaning my trip to Sweden will be put off a bit. Imagine seeing Metallica play in Sweden! Dala horses, yummy fishy food, and metal heads everywhere. I hope to get into the metal scene a bit when I finally visit. Swedish metal is nifty and dark.

Here are the Metallica Tour Dates for this summer, just in case you have your own European vacation planned:

# June 3 Nurburgring, GER - Rock Am Ring Festival
# June 4 Nurnberg, GER - Rock Im Park Festival
# June 8 Arnhem, HOL - Gelredome
# June 10 Donington UK - Download Festival
# June 11 Dublin IRE - Download Festival

I'm going to place my "And Justice for All" Europe '88 tour t-shirt in a hermetically sealed box. Even if I never get to see Metallica in Europe, there's no reason I can't imply that I have by wearing the shirt. How sad is it when your Metallica shirts become special occasion wear?

No comments:

Post a Comment