Thursday, March 16, 2006

Festiva Units

Another entry in my series on hatchbacks:

I might have explained this previously, if so, be patient or skip to the next post. Too many days spent programming means that all my memories are blurred together will endless rows of code. During causal conversation, I developed a new concept, a currency known as the "Festiva Unit". One Festiva Unit is equal to $800, the price I paid for each of my Festies. I usually use this currency equivalent when contemplating big purchases. Such as, this new TV is half the price of a Festiva, or $400. Sometimes I think, boy, for the price of two pairs of Manolos, I could buy a Festiva. (For the other programmers out there, Manolos are really nice high heels.) This is why I don't have brand-name shoes. I'd rather fill my driveway with rusty hatchbacks first.

2 comments:

  1. Mary,

    If you're interested in a project, maybe you can help me design my electric car from old Festiva parts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! There was one person in my Festiva club who developed a battery powered Festiva. He ripped out the backseat and filled the hatch with battery cells. There used to be a picture on the club website. Try going to the Festiva group on Yahoo! groups. You should have no trouble finding it. There is only one.

    The only caveat to developing a Festiva with electric power is that the electrical system is notoriously unreliable. One of my Festivas had a short in the radio, another intermittant short in the dash lights and an intermittant short in the overhead light. I never took the time to rip apart the dash and figure out what was going on, because the dashboard lights would come back on if I drove over the railroad tracks by my house.

    ReplyDelete