Friday, April 7, 2006

Back to Bach

It's been a few years since I saw Sebastian Bach and James Taylor together at First Avenue playing all my favorite Skid Row tunes. (Yes, the real James Taylor, the folk-singing guy. Strangely, he was wearing a pair of glittery angel wings attached to his back as Sebastian Bach belted out "Youth Gone Wild". It was a surreal evening.)
It was such a wonderful concert, and my memories are so fond of Sebastian's performance, that I had to find out what he's been up to recently. I was hoping he was on tour and would be in the Twin Cities again sometime, but he's been keeping himself busy with other projects.
Little did I know, he starred in a performance of "Jesus Christ Superstar" as the lead man. I would have thought he looks a little too blonde and Canadian to play a middle-eastern rabbi, but he got the role. You can buy an autographed playbill from the show on his website.
What else does his "Bachography" reveal? I was surprised to learn he's been working with the Gilmour Girls series. He's featured on the fourth and fifth season DVD boxed sets. I would never normally watch that show. (I'm more into Monster Garage and The Sopranos.) But I already signed up for the Gilmour Girls from Netflix just so I can try to spot Sebastian. Usually I can pick him out pretty quickly, being that the two of us have the same hairstyle.
But the coolest thing that Sebastian has been up to is recording a new CD with Ted Nugent. Yup, the Motor-City Madman.
Check out this great picture below of the Nuge wearing his camouflage cowboy hat and playing along with Sebastian Bach (in the leather pants). I saw an interview with the Nuge on the National Geographic channel where he was describing some of the hunting safaris he's been on. Sadly, the Nuge said he doesn't like vegetarians. He kills everything he eats personally. It makes me wonder if I should start my own soybean patch this summer in the backyard. Then I could kill a few things for dinner myself.

The Nuge and Sebastian Bach Together in Las Vegas
Sebastian has a great hair stylist!

No comments:

Post a Comment