Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Farmington Residents in the News

The Star Tribune published an article on the growing congestion at the Apple Valley Transit Station, where you can't use the park'n'ride after 7 AM. Yes, the lot is totally full at that time. But, the bus companies has buses scheduled to pick up riders there all day. What the heck?

So the Star Tribune interviewed a couple of Farmington residents about their struggle to get to the bus, detailing the pain of leaving the house by 6:30 AM and waiting in a 10 minute line to stand on the bus for 45 minutes. I used to use this park'n'ride, and switched to one further from my house, since I need to leave for work between 7:30 AM and 8:00 AM. The bonus is that my new park'n'ride has a much faster bus route, so I'm downtown in 35 minutes. Plus, I never have to stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment