Friday, July 7, 2006

Perro's Angst

I’m watching an overly dramatic episode of “My So-Called Life”, a nifty program about teens in flannel shirts who have tons of angst. Perro could be amongst them. I bought him a flannel shirt last year when I was shopping at Petsmart with my mom, and he loves wearing it more than any other shirt. Then tonight Perro was so full of angst that he couldn’t eat his dinner. Now it’s past midnight, and he hasn’t even touched his canned food.
I’m a total pushover about the canned food. I started feeding canned food to the cats because one of them has a mild kidney problem, and based on my research, I felt the moist food would help her. Then Perro became super jealous. He tried chowing down on the cats’ wet food, but I busted him. Since the little P-dog kept trying to sneak cat food, I broke down and bought a few cans of dog food.
Now you’ve caught me. I reward bad behavior. But bear in mind, I’m only trying to keep the little Perro dog from eating cat food because my vet says it will make him fat. I want him to still be able to fit into his flannel shirt. What if he gets asked to a dance by a cute female rat terrier? The last thing I want is for him to be ostracized like some of the characters in “My So-Called Life”.

No comments:

Post a Comment