Sunday, August 6, 2006

Another Episode of "A Makeover Story"

The van's roof was looking quite orange and rusty. There was virtually no paint left on it. This weekend I decided to take things into my own hands. I bought a myself a little treat, a brand new orbital sander from Menard's. I went to town on the van's roof, sanding, then painting with a special anti-rust compound.
Several of my neighbors noticed the van gone early Friday evening, because I took a huge load of stuff up to Goodwill and then stopped by Menard's. When the neighbors saw me outside with the sander, they came over. One of my neighbors said, "We saw the van gone and we thought you went camping. We figured you went up to Weefest." Weefest is a popular country music festival. Obviously, I haven't been cranking up the tunes too loud. My neighbors don't even suspect I'm a metal head. Last night I watched Headbanger's Ball at a slightly louder volume than normal, since I'm betting they probably can't hear it.

Here is my finished picture of the painted van roof:


I finished up with the van roof early Saturday evening. The result was so nice, that I decided to paint the whole van. Many of you may know I'm getting married in September. I decided not to rent a limo. That wouldn't make any sense considering I have a seven-passenger vehicle with TV, VCR, and mood lighting sitting in the driveway. The only thing is that the van has a kind of casual look. With its multi-hued blue, gold and silver stripes, the van looks like somebody dressed in a flannel shirt, getting ready to go fishing or camping. This isn't quite the right look for a wedding. So I set about trying to dress the van in a tuxedo. Notice the "before" picture of the van next to my nifty ladder. I have a long way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment