Monday, September 4, 2006

The Search is Over

I finally solved the first dance song dilemma. Of course, I was really disappointed about "The Ballad" not working out. Rocky's drum playing on that song is great!
I was worried I wouldn't find a song in time, but Rocky's musical influence came to the rescue. Last October, he mentioned that I should check out this cool band, Avenged Sevenfold. I've been into Slipknot big time for the past few years, but I took a chance on the more refined metal of Avenged Sevenfold. I've been cranking their tunes while cruising in the Echo this summer. I throughly enjoyed their performance at Ozzfest 2006.
Well, little did I know, but Avenged Sevenfold has a ballad called "Warmness on the Soul", released in 2001 on an EP by the same name. I discovered the ballad on the Walmart.com music section and downloaded it for 88 cents. Boy, did I luck out. There is no growling, screaming guitars or really heavy drumming in this song. On top of that, the lyrics are appropriate! Wow!
If you're an easy listening fan, you're probably wondering, "What's the big deal?" Most of the lyrics to my favorite songs are inappropriate for almost every occasion. When my fifteen-year-old neighbor's mom found his collection of CDs with "Parental Warning" stickers, she made him sell the CDs at the family garage sale. Guess who bought the entire collection? That's where I got the latest Limp Bizkit and Kid Rock albums. Sometimes it's nice being an adult. I can finally disregard the parental warning! (Although I do not allow Perro to listen to music with "Parental Warning" stickers since he is under 18. I'm a very resposible pet parent.)
So when the wedding is over I'll post a couple of pictures of me rocking out to Avenged Sevenfold on the dance floor. My veil is attached with velcro so that it can easily be removed if it's getting in the way of my headbanging. I'm so relieved I finally found a song that isn't wussy and yet at the same time won't frighten elderly guests. With the help of Rocky's musical suggestions, the search is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment