Saturday, October 7, 2006

Pillowtops Forever!

Some of you might know that I use a Toshiba Satellite 325CDS laptop to write my blog and my newspaper column. This laptop is so thick that one of my former co-workers called it a "Pillowtop". Although I love my Pillowtop dearly, I know that a nine year old computer might not last forever. To quote the classic rock group Kansas, "All we are is dust in the wind", and that goes for computers as well. So like a person who has an elderly dog and buys a puppy to ease the pain of the eventual loss, I bought a new Pillowtop.
Using the internet, I located a computer recycler/refurbisher called 5R-Processors in Wisconsin. This place is so cool. The owner started the company to keep old computers from going into landfills. Now I'm adopting a Pillowtop that they rescued. This Pillowtop, while nearly identical in model and style to my current 'Top, has over twice the horsepower. The first time I take this baby over to the Ugly Mug for free wireless internet access, I'm going to get a speeding ticket on the Information Highway! As soon as my new Pillowtop arrives, I promise I'll post a picture. It might be a while, since I'll be busy over the next few weeks, but I'll make sure you get a chance to see the latest addition to my computer family. Pillowtops forever!


A Toshiba Satellite 325CDS - also known as a Pillowtop!

No comments:

Post a Comment