Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Guns'n'Roses Wrap-Up - Part 1

The G'N'R concert, of course, rocked. The show wasn't perfect, but after waiting 14 years to see G'N'R, how could they possibly live up to my expectations? I really missed seeing Slash up there. He's a amateur herpist just like me. In September I finally got to see the Reptile House he donated to the San Diego Zoo. Slash did a wonderful thing. There are snakes on exhibit at the San Diego Zoo that are so rare less than a dozen remain in the wild. I loved the free-roaming iguana exhibit, where the big guys are outdoors, free to bask on huge rocks in the sunshine.
But I digress. Let's get back to Saturday night's show.
I was luckily in row 2 instead of row 6. My ticket said row 6, but rows 1-4 were missing. Nifty! I love being on the floor for shows, but this time it was a good thing I was in a seat. There were two boring opening bands, Helmet, which is an alternative band, and More Than Nothing. Helmet is an alternative band, and you guys know how I feel about alternative. Yucky! More Then Nothing was not much more. I used their act to buy a large pretzel with cheese. Then there were two more opening acts! The next was a group of girls in bikinis, which was probably interesting for the guys, but again, I found it pretty boring.
Finally it was time for Sebastian Bach, the final opening act. Bach is back in style. He rocked out with "Youth Gone Wild" and my favorite, "I Remember You". His hair is longer than mine now. I've got to grow out my hair! I love it that we have the same hair style. Bach sang quite a few tunes off of Skid Row's wildly unsuccessful second album, including "Monkey Business". I like songs about monkeys. Monkeys are a swinging topic for a heavy metal tune. If you turn on the Hard Rock Drive Home from 5-7 on Power 96, sometimes Gina B. plays "Monkey Business".
Since four opening acts took about 5 hours, and I've spent paragraphs describing them, I'll save Axl's appearance for my next post. Stay tuned for the hottest parts of the Minneapolis Guns'n'Roses show!

No comments:

Post a Comment