Monday, February 19, 2007

Scandinavian Metal Makes it to Minnesota


Just announced - The Norwegian black metal band Dimmu Borgir is coming to the Myth nightclub in Maplewood on May 4! They are touring in the states with Unearth, who I moshed to at Ozzfest last summer and moshed to as the opening act for Slipknot in October 2005. Tonight during supper I was just saying, darn, I wish I would have gone to that Slayer concert because Unearth was opening for them. (Plus Slayer just won their first Grammy!) Then I come home from dinner, log onto the KNAC.com, and learn Unearth is going to be back in the Cities, opening for Dimmu Borgir at the Myth. Mark your calendars for May 4 and I'll see you there! (For you guys with early bedtimes, please note that May 4 is a Friday night, so you can sleep in the next day.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those of you who haven't experienced KNAC before, I totally recommend it. This is where I first heard Slipknot - the song "Wait and Bleed". It changed my life forever. Thank goodness it took me down a path to heavier stuff - because there was a lot of lame alternative music floating around while I was in college and people were pushing it on me. The consensus was you could become enlightened, liberal and sophisticated just because you listen to some whiner like Alanis Morrisette or some grungy Seattle coffee shop stuff. Thank you to Six Feet Under and all of the great heavy metal fans that shored up my reserves during those lean years. You deserve all the best. You've given me the courage to live on my own terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment