Saturday, April 7, 2007

Mary in the Zoo


I’m planning a trip to Washington D.C. this summer. I was thrilled to learn the National Zoo in D.C. has an extensive reptile and amphibian habitat. There are a few of Whippy’s buddies, green iguanas, chilling out at the national zoo. There are also a couple of rare Grand Cayman iguanas living there. I can’t wait to visit!
The panda exhibit at the National Zoo is also supposed to be awesome. This week Mei, the female panda, was artificially inseminated to mate her with Gao Gao, a male panda residing at the San Diego zoo. Talk about a long distance romance - all the way from San Diego to D.C. Last year I visited a baby panda at the San Diego zoo. It was incredible to see this tiny ball of fur that eats pounds of bamboo each day. The mother panda was chowing down. She spends 2-3 hours a day working on breakfast. I doubt my employer would approve of a 2 hour bamboo break.

No comments:

Post a Comment