Thursday, May 31, 2007

KevynBaby

On Tuesday I learned that one of my favorite journalists, Kevyn Burger, was diagnosed with breast cancer. When she read the announcement on the air on Tuesday, she began with the words, "Hey, it's me". I've listened to her voice so much on FM 1o7 that I realized if I answered the phone, and heard her say "Hey, it's me" I would know Kevyn was on the other end of the line.
I am pretty glad I have my own office now. I had to loudly blow my nose about twenty times this morning while I listened to Kevyn's last show before her medical leave. Kevyn is eloquent and intelligent, and I'm inspired by her so much because she is an English major just like me. She's working on a blog, called KevynBaby, about her experiences. This morning she told a story about crossing the river, and asked her listeners to think of her when they cross the river. I already thought of her on my way home tonight, as I was on the 494 bridge. I only hope the best for Kevyn. I'm looking forward to when she is back at work and I can hear her voice again.

No comments:

Post a Comment