Monday, May 28, 2007

Mary's Second Life

I really wanted to try out Second Life, the virtual on-line world. I went through this big hassle on my day off in between jobs downloading and installing the software. Then it won't run because I have the wrong kind of video card in the Pillowtop. Blech! I was full of anticipation for my second life in a virtual world. I even picked out an awesome name for my alter ego, "Sea Turtle Babii". I was hoping to build a turtle persona.
Then yesterday a little pal clued me into another virtual world where I can live a second life through the Pillowtop, the world of Webkinz. You adopt a stuffed animal, and the pet comes with a code for the website so you can access the Webkinz virtual world of pets.
I'm ordering Googles the Platypus. This is perfect for me. A virtual world where I can live through a platypus avatar! In college when I used to play MUDD (Multi-User Dungeons and Dragons) games, my alter ego was a platypus. I just waddled around the virtual dungeons and laid eggs. I wasn't really that into dragons and orcs. Too geeky for me even. Anyway, I didn't have enough time during school to slay dragons. My other hobbies, studying and patching rust holes in my Omni, were quite time-consuming.
I can't wait for Googles to arrive! As soon as I have my new home for Googles set up in the Webkinz world, I'll invite you over.

No comments:

Post a Comment