Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Introducing Aussie the Platypus



I've developed an addiction to the World of Webkinz (WOW). This started the first day I logged into the Webkinz site to officially adopt my fuzzy "Google" platypus. I named him Aussie. I can't tear myself away from the world of Webkinz. This has turned into my version of Second Life or World of Warcraft.

Aussie's a hip metalhead platypus, so I dressed him in a black t-shirt, a black hat embroidered with the word "Dude" and a pirate eye patch emblazoned with a tiny skull and crossbones.

After picking up a wardrobe for Aussie, I set up a cool condo for him. He sleeps in a black bed, snuggling cozily under his official Rock and Roll comforter. I decorated the condo with a giant Saguaro cactus and hung a pirate skull'n'bones flag on the wall. I even bought Aussie a black leather couch, just like my IKEA Klippan couch, so he can comfortably plop down on after a busy day waddling around the Webkinz world.

I'm working on winning enough bucks playing games in the Webkinz arcade to do a little remodeling and add a kitchen onto Aussie's condo. I'd like to buy him a new T.V. too. Plus, I have to earn enough bucks to keep feeding him. His favorite food is big, soft pretzels (just like me!)
Here's a nifty review of the Webkinz site from Online Spin: http://blogs.mediapost.com/spin/?p=1011

2 comments:

  1. My daughters are huge into Webkinz, as it's all the rage amongst their peers. Of course, these are grade-school girls. In fact, we've had to set a strict 30-minute per-day limit on their Webkinz time, so be careful, it sounds like it could be addicting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it could be. I bought Grand Theft Auto around the same time as acquiring the Webkinz. I think the Webkinz is more addicting to me - even thought I love ramming cars into walls in Grand Theft Auto. I guess nurturing a virtual pet is just more satisfying.

    ReplyDelete