Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Bingo Wings

This week is the Dakota County Fair in Farmington. I don't know how much people will be in a mood for a festival, after what happened last week in Minneapolis. After a terrible spell, though, sometimes it can be a comfort to do something familiar and mundane, like watching cows feed, munching deep-fried cheese, and perusing 4-H project displays.
I'm hope I can drop by the demo derby tomorrow night. I haven't missed one in 15 years, and despite that one comment I received about white trash entertainment, I won't miss it this year. I have no shame. Mud, crashing cars, and cotton candy - how could you not have fun? Last year I even found a stand selling veggie burgers. Yum! Mud and burgers!
I hope to see you out there. I'll be wearing my neon yellow official Dakota County Fair T-Shirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment