Sunday, August 19, 2007

Ozzfest 2007


For the news you've finally been waiting for -
Ozzfest 2007 - Mary's View!
I pity you who missed Ozzfest. Once again, this was probably the heaviest metal day of the year. For me, this is like a heavy metal Christmas. I don't buy presents, but I picking out my black outfit and temporary tattoos are more exciting than shopping.
This year I headed out to Ozzfest in East Troy, WI at the Alpine Valley amphitheater. On the way out there, I was chewing on a veggie burger from Burger King when we passed a grey school bus painted with Rustoleum. Emblazoned on the bus was the slogan "Ozzfest or Bust". A beer keg was strapped on the back, right above the bumper. As I waved to the crew on the bus, I had an epiphany. Why don't I arrange a caravan to Ozzfest next year? I'm going to get together a bunch of Twin Cities metal heads and we'll drive out to Wisconsin together. If you're already gearing up for next year's Ozzfest, shoot me an email and I'll reserve you a spot.
The day dawned sultry, with metal heads pulling into the parking field at Alpine Valley before noon to grill lunch. As we rolled to a stop, other metal heads were gathered around, already drinking beer, pitching picnic tents, and playing beanbag toss games. I double-checked my fake barbed wire tattoo, pulled my bagged lunch out of the cooler, and headed for the gate.


To be continued . . .

---------------------------------

It's a bit late on a work night - but I promise to return soon to recount the rest of my Ozzfest story. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment