Monday, November 12, 2007

What Happens in Isanti, Stays in Isanti

This weekend my hubby and I stayed at a hotel up near Isanti, since we attended a wedding reception in the area. I thought Isanti was really far away - it my mind, hours and hours from home. We took the hubby's sports car and arrived in about an hour. I guess the visit to Isanti did not really necessitate an overnight stay. Of course, I like to stop a lot for restroom breaks and so does Perro the pup, so if I was driving, it probably would have been about a two hour trip.
Regardless, we had a lovely time at the AmercInn in North Branch. I'd like to give a shout out to the owner, Jack Juve, who is so dedicated to his job that we spotted him helping a stranded motorist change a tire in the parking lot.
The wedding reception was lovely, of course, with a delicious coffee bar. I've never been to a wedding before where you could make your own cup of coffee with amaretto syrup, dark chocolate and whipped cream! Yum!
The favors were awesome too. Since the couple was married in Las Vegas before returning for their reception in Isanti, they put together Vegas themed-favors with scratch-off lotto cards and mints in little hundred dollar bill packets. I've never gambled at a wedding before. It was pretty exciting. Well, you know what they say - what happens in Isanti, stays in Isanti.
Altogether it was a wonderful weekend, and I'd like to thank our hosts if they're reading this. If not and you know who they are, please send them a link and a big hug from me.
Weddings are a brave demonstration of hope for the future. This is something so rare in our day-to-day life of war news, global warming and overwrought media reports of crime. I applaud the guts and the time that a couple puts into putting together a celebration of the future. We all need a little visible piece of hope now and then.



Just a quick aside:
Check out this pool at the AmericInn North Branch - tiled into the bottom of the pool are the words "North Branch". I was a little wary of swimming since part of a paper party hat was floating around the shallow end, but the tile job sure was slick.

2 comments:

  1. I am the Mayor of Isanti. I am glad you liked your visit. Yes Isanti is just a quick drive north from the Twin Cities....Hope you visit again....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm flattered that you took time out from your hectic schedule as Mayor to personally welcome me to Isanti. Thanks George!

    ReplyDelete