Sunday, November 11, 2007

Making a Smart Decision


So for the last installment in the Smart car series, I'd like to announce that my existential automotive crisis is over. I decided the Smart is a smart decision for me. It is just unconscionable to spend so much extra money and gas resources on the Sedona van. Also, the Smart is so darn cool and I love driving a tiny hatchback more than almost anything else in the world. The exhilaration of bouncing over potholes and whizzing around hulking dinosaur SUVs is amazing. There is an unbeatable excitement in rocketing along (at the posted speed limit) in a tiny car.
This weekend I attended beautiful wedding reception up in Isanti. I had a chance to chat with a family member whose lived a few more years than me, and whose opinion I really respect, who admires the Smart as well. In just a few short months, yours truly will be rocketing around Farmington in a decked-out Smart ForTwo Passion Coupe, just like the one pictured here. I promise to wave as I pass you on 494. See you on the road!



--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you'd like to read a bit about the racing Smart-Suzuki hybrid pictured here, check it out on Kneeslider.

2 comments:

  1. I reserved mine, too! I have no reason to buy a new car, but I've been obsessed with the Smart since it first came into existence. I actually would have preferred the electric Smart, but they don't sell them here. And sadly, my second choice, the Turbo Diesel model didn't cut it with emissions (I have a hard time believing that Canadian emission standards are truly laxer than ours, but...) Oh, and I reserved a blue one. I'm not sure it's the color I really wanted, but there you go. We should have a rally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - maybe we can found a Twin Cities Smart car club. We'll be able to hold our rallies in very small parking lots. :)

    ReplyDelete