Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Airline Meals are Yummy

As I write this I am aloft on Sun Country flight 702, patiently waiting for my cheese sandwich to be delivered by the friendly attendants. Cafeteria food is definitely my first culinary love, but airline meals are a close second. The crinkle of the little plastic pouches in which the sandwiches are served makes me salivate.
Northwest features snack boxes available for purchase on many of their flights. Imagine a whole box of tiny goodies like crackers and cheese food product pre-packaged for your delight. Once my snack box even contained two cheese food packets. One was "havarti" and the other "sharp cheddar", although they tasted remarkably alike.
I learned from the in-flight magazine that there is an entire website devoted high-flying cuisine, airlinemeals.net This particular plane does not feature WiFi access, so I haven't checked out airlinemeals.net just yet. As soon as I am ensconced in my den with my tiny laptop, a.k.a. the Convertible, you know which site I'll enjoy perusing first. Maybe I can work up an appetite for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment