Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Secret Muppet Metalhead?

I love the Muppets. I just watched Muppets from Space over Christmas break. Sure, I was going to watch something deeply provocative or historical, but somehow the Muppet movie just slipped in there instead. Remember in the original Muppet Movie, when Kermit said, "Fozzie, turn left at the fork in the road," and then they drove past a giant fork? That's my kind of humor.

Recently I heard an underground rumor in the metal community about the Muppets - I heard that Cookie Monster has been practicing with Animal's band Electric Mayhem. Rumor has it Cookie's deep voice is perfectly suited for the growls of death metal, and Cookie Monster is opening for Cannibal Corpse on their next tour.

I found this leaked video on You Tube of Cookie Monster performing one of his new metal songs. He really gets into the headbanging.

No comments:

Post a Comment