Thursday, May 15, 2008

Clap On, Clap Off


I thoroughly enjoy my Clapper. Of all the "As Seen on TV" type products I've purchased, the Clapper has given me the best bang for my buck. I hooked up my console TV to a Clapper in the living room since it lacks a remote. Sometimes when people are talking loudly in the living room the TV "claps on", but it is very convenient when I'm chopping tomatoes and my hands are covered with tomato goo. I don't need to touch the knob on my pristine console TV. Instead, I just clap my gooey hands and the picture springs to life. I rarely change channels since I enjoy watching Fox 9. It's the channel that receives the best reception in Farmington and it shows Seinfeld re-runs nightly. Plus my favorite anchor of all time, Jeff Passolt from the KQRS morning show, hosts the Fox 9 news. When Passolt introduced my lunch bandit story, I could have died happily, my life's dreams realized. I felt like a Farmington-style celebrity.
Right now I'm in the server room, and there's a giant digital TV in here that doubles as a computer monitor. I walked into the room, sat down at the server bench, and reflexively tried to clap on the TV. Unfortunately, there's no Clapper in the server room. I hunted around for the remote, which was buried under some bill receipts, found it, and then realized I also have to find the stereo remote for the surround sound. That's too much work for TV. I decided to just blog instead.

1 comment:

  1. Ana:

    Did you go to http://www.mnscottishfair.org/ At the Dakota County Fairgrounds in Farmington ?

    Can you please send me a photo from that night :)

    ReplyDelete