Saturday, November 15, 2008

Uneasy Listening

I was in the car the other night, driving home from class with a horrible cold, listening to some gentle metal to soothe my pounding sinus headache. I thought of a great idea while waiting at the red light on County Road 42, just north of the Farmington border. Why not share a few of my favorite hits from the softer side of metal with you, my faithful blog readers?
I compiled a play list of a few not-so-heavy metal moments with Guns'N'Roses, Slipknot, Metallica, Ozzy and Avenged Sevenfold. In particular, I recommend you check out Apocalyptica, the heavy-metal classical cello trio. And don't miss the Stone Sour song, "Looking Through the Glass". One time my husband texted me from Subway to let me know he heard Corey Taylor from Slipknot on the local adult contemporary station. Yes, that was an encounter with the song "Looking Through the Glass". I thought I'd never enjoy a song in the adult contemporary category, but sometimes your worst nightmares do come true.

Here's to the softer side of metal. Cheers!

My Uneasy Listening Play List


No comments:

Post a Comment