Friday, November 7, 2008

The Cell Phone Junkie goes on Vacation

First off, I need to thank Mickey Papillon, the cell phone junkie, for reading my 3G Mafia post during a recent episode of The Cell Phone Junkie podcast. My husband Joey is a co-host on the podcast and he's a Palm Pilot junkie. He's got the Palm Centro now, which morphs the Palm Pilot and a mobile phone into one tiny device.
Last week while on vacation in Washing D.C. we visited the National Zoo. After peeking in on the pandas, I took a break in the restroom. Strangely, all of the stall doors feature posters with stories about animals using the restroom. After reading about how hippos spread their poo to fertilize the earth, I headed out to the visitor center lobby to find Joey.
He was engrossed in providing cell phone tech support to another zoo visitor. During the few minutes I was in the restroom reading about hippos, he located another Palm Centro user who was having trouble disabling the Centro's data connection. Even on vacation, a true cell phone junkie like Joey stays focused on his mission. This is the same kind of dedication that Joey and Mickey bring to the podcast. If you own a mobile phone or are ever thinking about buying one, I recommend checking out the latest news and in-depth perspective The Cell Phone Junkie podcast provides.

No comments:

Post a Comment