Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Modular Musings


While on vacation in Washington D.C., I took a short side trip to Pennsylvania to visit a good pal. Along the way, I passed a state-of-the art mobile home manufacturer. Some of you might be aware of my love of mobile homes and my dream to someday live in one that resembles a pueblo, like the Santa Fe model pictured here. As I passed Excel mobile homes on the highway in Pennsylvania, I saw dozens of homes neatly wrapped up, ready to be shipped to their new owners. I was excited to see the factory where mobile home ownership begins for so many lucky people. Excel maintains their own blog all about modular and mobile homes, Modular Musings. Did you know modular homes cost around 20% less than traditional stick built homes? They are a money-smart alternative. Plus, living in the trailer park rocks.

2 comments:

  1. You might like these prefab options too.. lol

    http://weburbanist.com/2008/11/09/prefab-architecture-flat-pack-furniture/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flat-pack homes are really, really cool. IKEA sells a brand of flat pack houses called BoKlok.

    http://www.boklok.com/

    I can't imagine living in an snowy, dark, remote place like Sweden in a tiny pre-fab home. Oh, wait, I guess that wouldn't be too different than living in a pre-fab home in Farmington. :)

    ReplyDelete