Monday, February 9, 2009

The IT Crowd

I'm not sure how many of you know about my obsession with the British and American versions of "The Office" TV program. I don't talk about it much in public, because I'm afraid I'll let a story about my actual office slip out. I take pains to not publicly embarrass my co-workers or anger my supervisor. Suffice it to say, I've endured in real life many of the scenes depicted in The Office.
My hubby stumbled on a new British show by accident on the web called the "The IT Crowd." After one episode, I was hooked and spent an entire Saturday watching the first two seasons. When I spotted the Commodore PET computer on a shelf in the background, I fell in love with the show. The characters are spot on. I see bits of myself and other IT people in The IT Crowd. Plus, their accents are so much easier to understand than the Slough characters on the British version of The Office. Do people from Slough really speak that way? I need some input from a few UK readers here. I have to turn on the subtitles, and I'm an English major.

You can check out The IT Crowd for free, streaming from the Thames 4 website
here.

After you watch the show, maybe you can guess which character most resembles my lovely hubby in the photo below. After a few episodes, you'll learn why my hubby is singing the giant string of numbers in photo caption.

No comments:

Post a Comment