Friday, March 13, 2009

Taste of Chaos Wrap-Up

Overall the show was a mixed bag. While I throughly enjoyed the metalcore imports Beyond the Horizon from Sheffield, England, I was disappointed with headliners Thursday. Perhaps something was a bit wrong technically with their set-up, because the vocals seemed muted. Much of the teen and pre-teen audience disappeared before Thursday took the stage and the lead singer thanked the rest of us repeatedly for staying. After the show I picked up a Cancer Bats CD (they played early in the evening) and I was pleasantly suprised when their lead singer and bassist offered to sign it for me. I love being able to say thanks to a band and give them a thumbs up after a show. That made the night. Even though I've been a bit under the weather this week, the Cancer Bats cheered me right up. I need a little taste of chaos in my life now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment