Saturday, March 21, 2009

AntiX Mean and Lean

The new version of the Debian Linux OS AntiX-M8 'Intifada!' is released! Since I lost the power cord to my tiny convertible laptop, this week I'll be using my AntiX Linux PC exclusively. This is the coolest operating system ever. The OS slogan is "Mean and Lean", which completely describes the stripped-down flat black GUI and utilitarian feel of the applications bundled with the OS, such as IceWeasel browser and AbiWord editor. I completely recommend the AntiX free OS. It will run on any Pentium II with 128MB of RAM. It brought life back to my old laptop previously known as the "garbage laptop". Now it's the Antix PC! Useful, powerful and ready to help me study for my telecommunications mid-term this weekend. I'll let you know how the upgrade goes. I'm looking forward to the new version of IceWeasel and the new Bejeweled game bundled with the Antix upgrade.

No comments:

Post a Comment