Saturday, July 25, 2009

Unlocking the Secret of Keywords

About once a month I check out the Google Analytics reports for my blog. My favorite report is the list of keywords which led people to the blog. Recently the keywords "Vince Neil pantyhose" led a new reader to the blog. I know exactly what the person was searching for - the 1992 "You're Invited (But Your Friend Can't Come)" video in which Vince walks out on stage clad in an oversize blouse, pantyhose, and a headband. After strutting out in this fashion mistake, Vince won't allow Pauly Shore into the concert because Pauly's not cool enough for him! Usually I embed referenced videos, but the vision of Vince in pantyhose is so off-putting I didn't want to force readers to see it. If you have a strong stomach, the video is available on YouTube.

Other interesting keywords which have recently brought people to the blog:
  • Iguana tail amputations
  • Farmington Steakhouse
  • Is Initech Real?
  • Ozzy Osbourne track pants
  • Old style console television
  • Slipknot's lead signer's new mask
People are definitely searching for information on heavy metal fashion, from pantyhose to track pants to masks, and I'm glad to provide it for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment