Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Cheapskate Strikes Again Part II

On behalf of cheapskates everywhere I launched an email complaint campaign against the high price of butter at Bruegger's Bagels. Paying seventy-nine cents extra for a buttered bagel really steamed my clams.


In response to my disappointment over the mind "bagel"-ing price of butter at Bruegger's, I received this conciliatory email from the local area manager:


Ms. Lebens...Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your concerns over our pricing of our prepped bagel (bagel with butter). I am happy to announce that Bruegger's has now lower(sic) the price of our bagel with butter, jelly, or honey to $1.29 plus tax. It is always priority of Bruegger's to give our guests, not only great product and guest service, but also great value. We look forward to your continued business.


Thank you...


Darla M. Cook
Area Manager
Bruegger's Bagels


My fellow cheapskates, I am too humble to take credit for the 74% reduction in the price of butter on your bagel. I assume other cheapskates must have also voiced their discontent. Though the power of speech, you can make change a reality. Or in this case, you can keep more change in your pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment