Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Cheapskate Strikes Again

I am reporting live from Bruegger's Bagels, where I just ordered a wheat bagel (ninety-nine cents on the menu). The counter person asked if I wanted butter with it. I said sure. At the register the bagel rang up for $1.79 plus tax. I asked the register person if the price was right. He looked down at me, grunted, and in a condescending tone informed me a pat of butter costs seventy-nine cents. The butter wasn't even on the menu. Is this some type of new bagel butter scam? The cheapskate part of my brain is flashing red.
It's so sad we don't have Del Taco in Minnesota. For $2 I could have had a Del Taco breakfast fiesta of two egg burritos and hashbrowns. I would give one of the burritos to a homeless person or starving college student and still come out ahead of this somewhat stale, buttered bagel.



A Mouthwatering Del Taco Breakfast Burrito

No comments:

Post a Comment