Friday, July 8, 2005

Corn Palace Wit and Wisdom

While on vacation last week, I noticed quite a few signs along the ditches of I-90 exhorting drivers to visit the Corn Palace in Mitchell, SD. I'm a big fan of the Corn Palace, but lacked the time to stop and peruse it on this trip. (I decided to stop at Wall Drug for a delicious grilled cheese and a cup of 5 cent coffee instead.) So while I passed by each advertising sign, I took the time to record it's witty phrase in my Palm IIIc.

Here are a few bits of wisdom which I collected from the roadside Corn Palace advertisements. Keep in mind, the Corn Palace is merely an extra-large gift shop with different colored corn kernels glued to its exterior. I found the advertisements humorous because they seem to reflect a grandiosity that the actual building is lacking.

Bits of Corn Palace Wit and Wisdom:
"From ear to eternity . . ."
"We are all ears!"
"Corn-sider visiting."
"Ears to you!"
"Ear-chitecture"
"Corn-ceptual art"
"A-maize-ing!"

Check out the Corn Palace web cam to see this glorious example of ear-chitecture!




The Corn Palace!

1 comment: