Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Turkey Day!


Happy Thanksgiving! I didn't make a Tofurky this year like I usually do. I ate a grilled cheese sandwich instead. On Sunday I'm throwing a Thanksgiving party for the family where I'm going to cook an actual bird for the meaty folks in attendance.
While surfing the net, I learned about these new heritage turkeys. They're more like a wild turkey and they live on a farm where they can run loose with their buddies. Check out the picture to the left of the heritage turkeys on Mary's turkey farm in Fresno. Mary says the turkeys are raised in a healthful and caring environment. Finally another Mary that loves turkeys as much as I do!
There are quite a few wild turkeys in Farmington, and there was a big tom living by my house a few years ago. Sadly, he got hit by a car at the intersection of 160th and Pilot Knob. The Farmington Independent printed an obituary for Tom Turkey. May he rest in peace.
I heard that President Bush pardoned two turkeys this week, so won't be served on the Thanksgiving table this year. How come the president pardons turkeys every year, but he can't seem to get around to pardoning Leonard Peltier? Amnesty International considers him a political prisoner. I guess there are some things you just don't know about how the inside of the administration works.

No comments:

Post a Comment